Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend

Although the weather wasn't nearly as nice as I had hoped, we had a very nice Easter weekend. The weekend before, we traveled about 2 1/2 hours north to visit Damon's grandparents (his Mother's parents) in North Manchester, Indiana. It was raining that day, so we were confined to a small room to eat and hunt Easter eggs. Still, it was very nice to spend time with Damon's grandparents, and to be together with Damon's family. Here is a picture of Caden with his older cousins, Taylor, Kyle and Collyn. I tried to get one of the girls - Marina and Emma - but they wouldn't sit still long enough :)




This Friday we colored eggs at home. Damon never did this when he was little and doesn't understand my excitement about it every year. I love it! I'm trying to pass on my excitement to the kids, and I think it's working - they seemed to really have fun with it this year.





Caden is concentrating very hard on this egg . . . .



Papa joined in on the fun as well. He was taking his time on one egg, and bragging (like he can tend to do) about how he was really good at it. Caden then says, "Well ,you SHOULD be good at it Papa, you have been doing it for a LONG time" - ha! He loves to make jokes about Papa's age.




Marina is definitely artistic. She takes painting and coloring very seriously - concentrating and taking her time. She worked on one egg for most of the night, and this is what she looked like when she was finished.



At the end of the night, we held each egg up and voted on which one was the best.




Is it this one???!!!!



On Saturday night we dressed up and went to Church. I know what you are thinking - Saturday was not Easter - but we always go on Saturday nights because it is less crowded and more casual. Not to mention the great bonus of getting to sleep in on Sunday morning!















On Sunday morning, the kids woke up and searched for their Easter baskets. Caden ending up finding Marina's and she found his. They thought that was pretty funny!


Look at what the Easter bunny brought me Mommy!



Caden sorting through his goodies . . .


That afternoon, we headed to Granny's for lunch with the family . . . . there was SO much good food and TONS of yummy desserts. I purposefully had a small plate of "real" food so I could have a little of every dessert. Totally worth it :)




I made rolled sugar cookies in the shape of eggs, butterflies and what were supposed to be tulips, but didn't really look like them. These were fun to make, but VERY time-consuming so I doubt I will be making them again anytime soon.




Marina really loves her Papa. I think this picture is so sweet. I take so many pictures of the kids that a lot of the time they look fake and posed. I love the more natural shots like this one.



Wow - what a great looking cousins!




Dad and Emily



After lunch, the kids hunted for Easter eggs.




Caden was SO excited that he found the special SILVER egg.
After we left Granny's, we went back to Papa's for our first Mushroom Hunt of the year. Caden and Papa like to say, "you can run, but you can't hide" while they are hunting.





Caden is actually getting pretty good at finding them by himself. He gets SO excited.




Oh beautiful, glorious mushroom - I love you more than words can even describe. You are my favorite part of Spring and just looking at this picture makes my mouth drool :)































1 comment:

  1. Looks like an awesome weekend!!! I want to go mushroom hunting sometime. I've never been. Maybe when Charlie gets older. Do they grow in all woods, or just special areas?

    ReplyDelete